3D Scanning & BIM
Utilizing cutting-edge technology such as 3D Laser Scanning and BIM (Building Information Modeling), KSC has developed a process that can speed up the tasks of measuring buildings and create digital representations of structures that greatly increases accuracy, minimizes waste, better organizes the production, logistics and installation process, and makes engineering time much more efficient.
Both 3D Laser Scanning and BIM help KSC’s clients better visualize the project, as well as reduce costs and construction timelines.
3D Laser Scanning
3D Laser Scanning allows KSC’s professionals to capture fast, straightforward, and precisely accurate measurements of buildings, which can be transformed into 3D digital images.
Unlike conventional building measurement strategies that have been utilized for decades and are vulnerable to human error, 3D laser scanning provides precisely accurate data regardless of daylight or weather conditions.
BIM (Building Information Modeling)
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is the process of creating digital representations (images) of buildings and other physical structures. This technology gives design professionals the insight and tools to plan, design and construct building facades more efficiently. There are many benefits to utilizing BIM software, including:
• Improvement of onsite collaboration and communication among all project team members
• Better able to visualize critical aspects of a project during the pre-construction phase
• Mitigates project risks and reduces overall design and construction costs
• Improves project scheduling and sequencing
• Optimizes productivity during the prefabrication phase